Monday, January 25, 2010

Jean-Sebastian Giguere Wanting the Starting Position

The Anaheim Ducks have always relied on goalie Jean-Sebastian Giguere for the starting job in net up until last year in playoffs. It seems like Giguere has been in a slump ever since then and Jonas Hiller has become their new number one goalie.

Giguere has been playing for the Ducks since the 2000-2001 season and has always been the number one man. He has quite a history with the team like winning the Conn Smythe Trophy in 2003 while leading his team to the Stanley Cup Finals and then latter on in 2007 winning the cup. He was also selected to the All-Star team in 2009. With all those accomplishments I can tell how he wouldn't want to be the backup goalie.

"You've got to be a team guy and you've got to accept your role, and this is the role I've been given right now," he said. "But it doesn't mean that I'm going to accept it in a way. I'm going to push for more. I'm going to strive for more. I'm not going to give up on wanting to be a No. 1 goalie. This is why I play this game. It's to play. So I'm not going to give up on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment